GAPS Chicken Soup
- 1.5 litre Chicken Stock homemade
- 2-4 tbsp animal fat, coconut oil or ghee
- 3 carrots
- 1 onion diced or 1 leek sliced
- 1 celery diced optional if you can tolerate fibre
- 1 cup cauliflower chopped or riced
- 1 - 2 cups poached chicken chopped or shredded left over from making stock
- 1/4 cup liver, pounded and finely chopped optional
- Combine stock, fat and vegetables in a soup pot and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for at least 20 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Add the cooked chicken and raw liver and cook through.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve with homemade creme fraiche if tolerated